A wheel alignment is an essential maintenance service. When your wheels are correctly aligned your vehicle will handle better. You can contact your nearest Tire-Rama to schedule an appointment if your truck, SUV, passenger car or other vehicle is due for a wheel alignment service.
When Should You Schedule a Wheel Alignment?
You can find recommendations specific to the make and model of your vehicle in the owner's manual. Typically, you should schedule a wheel alignment for every 6,000 miles driven or every 6 months (depending which comes first).
A wheel alignment is also strongly recommended whenever you have new tires installed. This will help to prolong the life of your new tires.
Symptoms Your Vehicle May Need a Wheel Alignment
Outside of the recommended wheel alignment servicing schedule, and having tires fitted, there may be other times when your vehicle needs a wheel alignment service. If you have become aware of the following issues, your vehicle may require an alignment adjustment:
- Vehicle feels as though it's pulling to one side
- Steering wheel shudders when travelling at higher speeds
There are also certain kinds of tire wear that may indicate that your vehicle is in need of a wheel alignment:
- Feathering: tread is worn on one side and sharp on the other.
- Camber wear: inside or outside edge of the tyre tread may appear more worn than the centre of the tread.
- Head and toe wear: one side of individual tread blocks appears to be wearing down faster than the other (in your tires rolling direction).
What are the Benefits of a Wheel Alignment?
Correct wheel alignment provides your vehicle with many benefits, which include:
- Safe and predictable handling characteristics
- Prevents premature tire wear
- Prevents premature wear to components such as the brakes and suspension
- Improves gas mileage
If your truck or car is due for a wheel alignment, or you have noticed one or more symptoms that suggest you may need an alignment, contact your nearest Tire-Rama to schedule an appointment.Schedule a repair today